Our firm values define who we are as designers and embodying these values demonstrates them to our peers as well as to our clients. Who we are can be summarized in a handful of statements:
- SELFLESS – We are dedicated professionals who seek ways to contribute to their peers and their clients regardless of task at hand, personal burden, personal reward or notoriety.
- DESIGN FOR EVERYONE – Everyone deserves good design, regardless of fees or budget. No job is too small, no client or project unworthy of our attention.
- BE GREEN – We consider sustainability on all levels and incorporate green strategies and practices into everything we do.
- COLLABORATE – We are part of a team, both internally and externally. We acknowledge that we are only one voice among many and respect all perspectives and levels of experience.
- OWNERSHIP – We are dedicated participants in the creation of our work and in the development of the firm. We love what we do and take pride in what we design and produce.
- CONSCIENTIOUS – Our focus is on the big picture, not just in doing a specific task at hand. We identify and resolve problems proactively and ensure that all other team members are equally successful.
- CRAFT – Our focus is on perfecting the craft of architecture, a lifelong challenge and learning opportunity. We exhibit that experience through the quality of work that we produce and a sincere desire to grow from our mistakes.
- FLEXIBLE – Our designers are open to change, open to challenge, and open to being open.
- EARN EVERYTHING – We expect to earn everything including respect from our peers and our clients. Our reputation is only as old as our last project.
Job Opportunities at Grouparchitect
We seek qualified, energetic, self-motivated people to join the Group. We offer competitive benefits, schedules, and salaries. You offer yourself and what you do best. We value and respect those who dedicate themselves to their work, their office, and a balanced life. We also reward those whose career goals and contributions extend beyond the time clock mentality and who investigate the complete range of professional practice. We always consider resumes and portfolios from people in all stages of professional development, but currently we are most actively seeking the following positions:
Project Architect / Designer
Grouparchitect is an award winning service oriented collaborative design firm hiring for a Project Architect / Designer position. Applicants should possess excellent technical, organizational, communication, and customer service skills to design and manage all aspects of projects, with various levels of complexity. Expectations include demonstrating creative and concise problem solving abilities, a strong desire for expanding skill sets, developing and sustaining long term client and professional relationships, and the ability to work independently in a flexible environment.
Project work ranges from high end residential and modular / prefab custom homes to commercial and mixed use / multifamily projects (low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise).
Position 1 – Project Architect
Ideal candidate is a licensed architect with four to ten years experience in all of the above project types and can work collaboratively in teams both as a leader and as a follower.
Position 2 – Project Designer
Ideal candidate has a two to four years experience in all of the above project types and can work collaboratively in teams both as a leader and as a follower.
Proficiency in Revit, AutoCad, Sketch-up, Microsoft Office applications, InDesign, and Photoshop required. Rendering / illustration experience in 3DSMax appreciated. Code proficiency in current IBC and IRC as well as ANSI A117.1 is required.
Compensation package commensurate with experience, responsibility, and contract requirements. Benefit package includes employer-paid healthcare including vision and dental, PTO and flexible holidays, and annual bonus based on employee tenure. Additional incentive and bonus opportunities for career and entrepreneurial minded individuals are available.
For additional information about Grouparchitect, please visit our website at www.grouparch.com.
Please submit cover letter, resume and samples of design work electronically to us at email@example.com. Work samples shall include technical as well as freehand sketching and presentation examples.
No phone calls, hand-delivered applications, or faxes please.
For consideration on any openings in the future please provide the following in PDF format (limit to 4mb). Submit cover letter, resume and samples of design work electronically. Work samples shall include technical as well as freehand sketching and presentation examples. No phone calls, hand-delivered applications, or faxes please.
1735 Westlake Avenue North
Seattle, Washington 98109
Tel: 206 365.1230